1st year English: chapter-15 (The Angel and The Author) important MCQs
1. The author had the dream about __________ after Christmas.
(A) a week
(B) a few days
(C) a fortnight
(D) a month☑️
2. It was the Recording __________ following the author in his dream.
3. At __________ men and women become generous in London.
(B) New Year
4. The author subscribed __________ shillings to the fund for the unemployed.
5. The author had been to __________ charity dinners.
6. The notice appeared in the __________.
(A) Morning Post☑️
(B) Daily Telegraph
(C) Daily Times
(D) New York Times
7. It was a __________ show in aid of the fund for the destitute.
8. The __________ was well worth the money.
9. There were many other __________ deeds of the author.
10. The author sent all of his old clothes to the __________ sale.
11. A little less virtue and the writer might have lived.
(A) many years
12. The writer heard the throbbing sound of __________.
13. The writer judged the Recording Angel to be __________.
14. The squire gave plum pudding to __________.
15. Noble deeds are always a great joy for __________.
(A) the reader
(B) the people
(C) the angel☑️
16. The writer has often thought of keeping a __________.
17. The angel remarked that what the Morning Post man said would be __________.
18. The last the writer saw of London was the long line of __________.
(A) electric lamps☑️
(C) electric pumps
19. The Angel called the Christmas time__________.
(A) an impressive period
(B) a charitable period
(C) a trying period☑️
(D) an enjoyable period
20. At Christmas, all men and women become __________.
21. The writer wants to borrow a __________.
(D) collecting box☑️
22. The writer had been to four charity __________.
23. What did the author sent to the rummage sale?
(A) old pends
(B) old clothes☑️
(C) old books
(D) signed photographs
24. What was the child giving to the street arab?
25. How did the book of the angel look?
26. For Recording Angel, Christmas is a__________.
(A) pleasant period
(B) busy period
(C) heavy period
(D) trying period☑️
All chapter important MCQs