Goodbye Mr. Chips – Chapter 14 question answers
Chapter 14 questions answers
Short An Simple questions answers
- What sort of jokes did Chips make during the war?
- Ans: He made new jokes about the O.T.C. and the food rationing system and the anti-air-raid blinds that had to be fitted on all the windows during the war.
- What is meant by Chips’ latest?
- Ans: Chips’ latest means a fresh joke by Mr. Chips.
- When did Chips become Acting Head of Brookfield for the second time?
- Ans: Chatteris fell ill during the winter of 1917, and Chips became Acting Head of Brookfield for the second time in his life.
- Why did Chips not want to be the official Head of Brookfield?
- Ans: He did not want to be the official head as he felt himself unequal to it. He said that he was an old man and considered himself just a war-time fluke, like all the colonels and majors.
- What were Chips’ views about bayonet-practice?
- Ans: Chips did not support war and expressed his opinion openly. He considered bayonet-practice a very vulgar way of killing people.
- Describe Chips’ routine on his joining Brookfield School as a teacher again.
- Ans: He maintained his rooms with Mrs. Wickett and went to school daily after 10 AM. He felt fit, taught lessons smoothly, and shared jokes with others.