First Year English Book-1 Lesson No. 14: Overcoat Notes
Here are short and simple questions and answers for Lesson No. 14: “Overcoat”:
Short and Simple Questions and Answers
- What was the color of the overcoat of the young man?
- Ans. Its color was brown.
- How did he look like?
- Ans. He was a well-groomed young man. His hair was sleek and shiny. He was wearing a brown overcoat as well as a green flat hat. A white silk scarf was knotted at his neck, and he had a polished cane in his hand.
- Why did the people come out of the Mall?
- Ans. The people came out to seek comfort in pleasure and wanted to amuse themselves in intense cold.
- Who were the people wearing such dress and had come to the Mall?
- Ans. Most of the people were wearing overcoats of every kind, from precious to rough khaki coats.
- Why did the driver of the truck speed away after the accident?
- Ans. If the driver was caught, he would have been beaten and handed over to the police; therefore, he sped away.
- Who took the young man to the hospital?
- Ans. Passersby found the young man in the car and took him to a nearby hospital.
- What kind of music was played in one of the restaurants?
- Ans. An orchestra was playing in one of the restaurants.