CHAPTER NO. 1 DATA BASICS
- Difference between Data and Information.
- What activities are involved in data processing? Discuss in details.
- Describe the file types from usage point of view and functional point o view?
- How do we organize the files on storage media?
- Describe the different database models?
- Write advantages and disadvantages of the DEMS
- In general, what activifies, arte be petfommed on the database? Discuss in details.
- Describe the file types! from ‘usage ‘point of view and functional point of view.
CHAPTER NO. 2 BASIC CONCEPTS AND TERMINOLOGY OF DATABASES
- Define field, Record and file?
- Discuss the tables/relations are formed up in DBMS?
- Discuss the data manipulation in DBMS system.
- Write down the properties of relations in details.
- What is usage of indexes in FMS and DBMS?
- Describe view?
- Define key? Describe types of keys?
- Define the data Administrator.
- The Database Administrator.
- How the Records and Files are constructed 3 in 1 traditioga Pile Ménagement system?
CHAPTER NO. 3 DATABASE DESIGN PROCESS
- Describé different steps involved i in analysis stage while designing a database.
- Explain the following with the help of figures. Entity / Object, Attribute , Relationship
- Explain Physical data model and conceptual data model.
- Define and explain the term: Data distribution strategy, file organization.
- Define the term analysis. Briefly discuss the following term: Feasibility study,
- Requirement analysis, Data Analysis
- Describe major objective Database Design? Explain Data Development process with diagram.
- Draw and explain ER diagram for the system of getting admission in your college.
CHAPTER NO. 4 DATA ITAINTEGRITY AND NORMALIZATION
- Explain Data Integrity?
- What is a’felation in 3NF?
- Explain Normalization and Normal form?
- Explain Second Normal form (2 NF)?
- When 1s relation in first normal form? Explain with example.
- Define referential integrity. How can 1t be achieved?
- Define functional dependency?
- What do we do to attain entity integrity?
- Convert the ER diagram you have designed in the previous exercise for the admissions system of your college to relational database. Also normalize the relations up to third normal form.
CHAPTER NO. 5 INTRODUCTION TO MICROSOFT ACCESS
- Describe MS Access? Dgsribe hekehts of MS
- Describe MS Access Database Components?
- What 1s meant by RBMS?
- What 1s an IDE?
- Define the use of Toolbar in Microsoft Access.
- What are the advantages of using a Microsoft Access IDE?
- Differentiate between Form and Report.
- Describe the Database Window in Microsoft Access.
- Describe MS Access? Describe Benefits of MS.
- Describe MS Access Database Components?
CHAPTER NO. 6 TABLE AND QUERY
- What are relationships?
- Differentiate between Relationship and Join.
- Define different type’s calculation in a query ade also specifies the some Functions.
- What 1s query? Discuss its uses and advantages.
- Differentiate between Sorting and Filtering.
- Define the various type’s queries.
- Define Basic Term used in Database?
- How can you create a query in Design View?
- Create a query in Design Vie create a query in Design view.
- Different types calculation in query and also specifies the some Function.
CHAPTER NO. 7 MICROSOFT ACCESS -FORMS AND REPORTS
- Define the different layouts of forms.
- Differentiate between forms or reports.
- What is sub form?
- What 1s report?
- How is a form created for a single table?
- How can you save and closed an auto report?
- How can report created for a single table?
- Describe object linking in MS Access?
- Explam the processor for editing data through form.
- How can you apply a sort order to the report?
CHAPTER NO. 8 GETTING STARTED WITH C
- Define a bug. Discuss some debugging features of Turbo C++.
- Describe characteris ics of high- level programming languages.
- Briefly describe the basic structure of a C program.
- Difference between :
Linker and Loader,
Structured and Unstructured programming languages.
- How would you create, edit, compile, link and execute a C program? Discuss briefly.
- What necessary steps taken to prepare a C program for execution? Explain with diagram.
- Describe characteristics of High Level Language.
- What 1s meant by programming language? Discuss different types of programming language.
- Explain C program Development Process with Diagram?
CHAPTER NO. 9 ELEMENTS OF C
- Describe Keywords?
- Describe Variables?
- How do you declare Variables in C?
- Differentiate between declaring vs defining a Variable in C?
- Describe Rules for Naming Variables in C?
- Explain, Constant in C language?
- Difference between Constant and Variable. Character constant and Numeric constant.
- Write a note on the following : Arithmetic Expression, Comments in C.
- What 1s variable? Discuss the difference between declaring and defining a variable.
- Write down rules for naming variables in C.
- What 1s a data type? Discuss various C data types to manipulate integers floating point numbers and characters.
- How many types operators are available in C? Describe briefly. Also mention their precedence.
CHAPTER NO. 10 INPUT/OUTPUT
- What do we mean by standard input and output? Illustrate the use of print f() and scanf () function.
- Illustrate the difference between format specifiers and field-width specifers with example
- Define the term ‘escape sequence’. List names and used of any five escape sequences.
- Explain Standard Library Functions for Character input?
- Write a program that converts a temperature in degree Fahrenheit to degree 1 Celsius. For conversion use to formula: Celsius = 5/9 (Fahrenheit- 32)
- Write the general form of print f function
- What 1s the use of “getch” function?
- Write the program in example 5 using scanf function.
- Write a program that takes a positive number with a fractional part, and rounds it to two decimal places. For example, 25.4851 would round to 25.49 and 62.4431 would round to 32.44
CHAPTER NO. 11 DECISION CONSTRUCTS.
- What 1s a control structare? Briefly describe the basic control structures for writing program.
- Describe the IF Statement? Explain test condition.
- Describe simple IF statement? Explain it with diagram and an example.
- Describe [F-ELSE statement? Explain it with diagram and an example.
- Describe Nested IF Statement? Explain it with diagram and an example?
- Compare Nested if and Sequence of ifs and explain with example?
- Write a program in VB that input three numbers and display the maximum number by using
nested in statement.
- Define “IF-ELSE-IF” statement. Explain its working with syntax. Flowchart and example.
CHAPTER NO. 12 _LOOP CONSTRUCTS.
- Define a loop. How many loops are available in C? Compare the following loops:
a) While loop and do-while loop b) While loop and for loop.
- Describe Iteration and loop?
- Describe FOR Siatement its Execution Sequence, with flowchart and example?
- Describe Nested Loop Statement with example?
- Describe GOTO Statement? Explain it with example program?
- Write a program that inputs a number and displays the message “ Prime Number” 1f it 1s a
prime number, otherwise displays “ Not a prime Number”.
- What 1s for next loop? Write down syntax and working of for next loop with example.
- Write a program to print odd numbers from 1 to 10 using while loop.
CHAPTER NO. 13 FUNCTIONSINC
1.Describe and Structured Programming? Define Function and differentiate between Unstructured and Structured programming?
2.Describe benefits of use of Functions?
3.Explain the Two Types of Functions?
4.Explain the Function Prototype in C?
5.Explain Functions without Arguments with an example program?
6.Write three advantages of functions?
7.How 1s a function call made in a C program? Discuss briefly?
8.Difference between: Function Definition and Function Declaration, Global and Local
variables, Formal parameters and Actual parameters of a function?
- What type of variables are declared outside any function?
- How many values can a function return using return statement?
CHAPTER NO. 14 – FILEHANDLINGIN C
- Explain the concept oF Streams C?
- Explain File opening in C,its Modes, and file pointer with an example program?
- Explain File Closing in C?
- Explain String Handling in Text Files (including fputs() and fgets() functions) in C?
- What 1s a file pointer? Briefly explain the concept?
- Can a file be used for both input and output by the same program?
- Write a program that counts the total number of characters in a text file?
- Write a program that counts the numbers of words in a text files and display the count on